We are bringing together leading angel investors to offer practical and valuable insight for tech founders raising early stage capital and fellow angels. The panel will cover investment strategies, what angels seek in a startup, deal structures, opportunities, and more.
2:00 PM - 3:30 PM ET
Paul was born in Boulder and grew up in Louisville, Colorado, with a mission to incubate and grow industry-changing companies here in the state. Paul is the Co-Founder and CEO of SmartCapital, a software to help Angel Groups and Accelerators syndicate deals. Prior to SmartCapital Paul founded the AdTech company Augur which merged with BounceX and is now Wunderkind.
His current focus is to make empower individuals to invest with their network.
Here is the best way to connect:
1) Fund Managers & Angel Groups - We made a software, SmartCapital, to automate the syndication process. The product helps managers collect the investment from their network. If you have a larger investor network and are looking to make multiple investments per year, I would love to chat with you about improving your life.
2) Investors in Denver - If you're interested in investing in startups, send me an email at email@example.com so we can discuss our investment group, Denver Angels [https://www.denverangels.co]
3) Founders in Colorado - The best way to connect is through the Colorado Startups online community [https://coloradostartups.org]. Get involved with the online groups, and I'm sure we'll meet.
Raising a round - Send a Company Brief [https://thecompanybrief.com] to firstname.lastname@example.org
4) General Connect - As far as meeting requests, starting my career, this was my favorite thing to do, but as of late, the 50+ requests per week have made it impossible to both foci on the essential initiatives in life while also meeting with everyone. So I hold off on these general meeting requests.
Juan Arango passionate about getting companies funded and sourcing excellent deals for professional angel investors. From sourcing venture deals to coaching CEO’s on best fundraising strategies, along with his team he has helped over 345 companies raise more than $202M to date.
• 8 years of experience in entrepreneurship, angel group operations, and funding facilitation for startups.
• MBA and Master of Science in Finance, with an International Business emphasis.
• Experienced in investor relations, business process improvement, change management, strategy formulation, and software product development life cycle.
Investor, background in advanced areas of mechanical engineering, computer-aided engineering and simulation, enterprise SAAS sales and marketing, business development.
DAVID PRICHARD is a highly respected, heavily involved Denver-area business leader and community influencer. David serves as the President of Teegarden Financial, a specialty finance and investment firm that partners with high net worth business owners, families, and executives throughout the country.
A serial entrepreneur, David is also a Co-Founder or Partner in a variety of other successful ventures including Denver Angels, Lazy Bee Ranch, terra|mar, Recoup Fitness, Teakoe, mcSquares, and many other exciting endeavors.
David has a passion for serving others and helping them along in their journey. Two of his favorite ways to do this are thru serving on the board of The Women's Bean Project, and working with entrepreneurs as the Managing Director of Denver Angels. David prides himself on bringing solutions to the table that effectively connect people and resources as they work to turn ideas into reality.
David moved to Colorado in 2004. He loves spending time with his kids (and all the band, cross country, basketball, etc... that goes with that!). In addition to family activities, he loves sports, is an Avalanche season ticket holder, and an avid Broncos fan. The Prichard family loves to travel, ski, and enjoy the Colorado outdoors together.
Hall launched TEN Capital as the Texas Entrepreneur Networks in 2009. Today, the firm has over 12,000 investors in its network, and has helped startups raise over $700M and counting. He serves as the Vice-Chair of the Baylor Angel Network. He previously led the Central Texas Angel Network (CTAN) as its first Executive Director, where he achieved over a 40X return for the investors.
He is the founder and director of the Texas Open Angel Network, which is a 501(c)(3) non-profit dedicated to the education of angel investors. As a part of that program, he hosts the Investor Connect podcast series. He is also a Founder and initial Managing Director of SKU (Incubation Station), a consumer product goods accelerator based in Austin, Texas, and the former Managing Director of AccelerateNFC, an accelerator based in Dallas, Texas, focusing on Near Field Communication. He also serves as an Adjunct Professor for the University of Texas, leading the Idea to IP program, which fosters startups from the engineering program.